Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Writer's Bloc 5

Today, I came across this great story by Timothy Raymond:

The Cotton Man
In the morning a man covered in cotton knocked at my door. I answered. He stood there outside, the cotton from the trees blowing in the wind and sticking to the sweat on his skin. The air was dry and hot.
Read it

I liked that one so much that I looked around for anything else by Timothy Raymond, and I found this:

Box of Fire
There was the man with the urn. William. He stood in front of my bedroom door holding the thing in his hands.

He said, “Nick?”

“Yes,” I said. “I’m coming down.”

He said, “That’s fine. Just fine.”

“You’re William,” I said.

“Oh,” said William. “She mentioned me. That’s so fine.”

Read it

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful stories! Thanks for sharing them. How weird, too, that I was just writing about a boy who went by the nickname of Cotton.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed these stories very much. Mr. Raymond is very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to break the rules a bit for Timothy Raymond. Usually we don't publish an author two issues in a row, but these two pieces were so fantastic I just had to take them both.

    ReplyDelete