Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Storyglossia 36

The much-anticipated Music + Obsession theme issue is live now, full of quirky, interesting stories. Here are two I especially like, both very strange and dreamy and lyrical, like poetry waking up in fiction's bed after a wild night out.

Green Haired Girl by Alan Stewart Carl
"The green-haired girl sang with a voice from a bad neighborhood. I couldn't help but drop my pool cue and watch her groaning up there on the little stage, black spandex stained to her smooth dark skin. I lit up a cigarette and fell away."
read

Music For My Son by Zdravka Evtimova
"They say you've got an ear for music. It's nothing important, of course," Yackow said. "But I want to know how it happens. How you catch it, that damned music of yours. Tell me."

I told him nothing."

read

1 comment: