Sunday, February 28, 2010

Dirty Girl

My short story Dirty Girl is now up at Storyglossia:

"I'd known Tina for less than three months and she already owed me two hundred dollars, money I needed for next semester's books. It was on my mind constantly, but I never mentioned it because no-one else had ever invited me out. I envied her bold clothes and loud, mouthy personality—the way she was good at attracting attention. But now I wished that I hadn't agreed to go gambling with her."
read the rest at Storyglossia

Anne Valente interviewed me about the story here.

Storyglossia is one of my favorite online literary journals, so I'm thrilled to be in February's issue. I've featured several stories from Storyglossia on this blog in the past year - here, here and here.

4 comments:

  1. I felt so bad for that girl. I really thought she would end up in a bad place; so many signs pointed to it. Great job in pulling me into her world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Stephanie! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always write from your heart, Yvette. And it shows. Kudos to you on the story.

    ReplyDelete