Monday, October 26, 2009

Writer's Digest 78th Annual Writing Competition

This year, I decided to enter the Writer's Digest 78th Annual Writing Competition. I sent in two entries, both in the Literary/Mainstream Short Story category, and they both placed! The Nomads placed 1st and Over The Wall placed 4th. I won a total of $1,100 and $150 worth of books, plus a copy of the 2010 Writer's Market Deluxe Edition. The competition had almost 14,000 entries so this was quite a confidence boost!

The Nomads will be published in the Writer's Digest Competition Collection, an anthology featuring the first-place winners in each category. Other categories included poetry, screenplays, stage plays, memoirs and articles.

1st place won me one hundred dollar's worth of WD books and 4th place got me another fifty dollar's worth. Not sure yet if I'll be able to pick which books I want, or if I'll end up with duplicates. If I do get duplicates, or books I've already read, I'll probably give them away here on this blog, so check back for updates on that if interested.

6 comments:

  1. That is AWESOME!! and congratulations...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got it going on! A big congrats Yvette.

    Are you going to share your success in the writers forum? I hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, guys. Dorraine, I do need to go post on the forum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great accomplishment! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, great news and thanks for stopping at my blog. I always like discovering new blogs to visit.

    ReplyDelete