Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Shock Is What Kills You

I have another story published online now: The Shock Is What Kills You in the Clapboard House fall issue.

When I lived in Memphis, Tennessee, I would take holiday dinners to a small group of homeless men who lived under an overpass in an industrial area. I was quite scared to be there so I never stayed long, but what I saw made a lasting impression on me. Henry, the homeless man in The Shock Is What Kills You, appeared in my mind as a result of those experiences.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you, Murray!! How nice of you to put a link to my story on your blog. I'm really flattered that you liked it that much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yvette, I'm so touched by this piece. And in a good way. You hit all my senses. It reminded me of the Little Match Girl, which always makes me cry.

    Congratulations! I'm so honored to have read it.

    ReplyDelete